Teeth whitening is a solution that helps you to improve the colour of your teeth. It is determined by two factors: genetics decides your original teeth colour, and colour contamination occurs during activities that may alter your original hue.
When do you need a whitening solution?
- Your original teeth colour is dull, and not as beautiful as desired
- Stains have resulted from tetra discolouration, food colours, smoking, and so on
- Aging makes the dentin layer thicker and the enamel reduce the reflection of light, so the colour can become darker.
teeth whitening.jpg" />
There are two ways to effectively whiten your teeth: in the clinic and at home.
1.Teeth whitening in the clinic
- Firstly, the doctor will apply an isolated layer to protect the gums.
- Secondly, hydrogen peroxide will be applied to give a whitening effect. This substance will oxidise to form free radicals and organic combinations of ivory frame to form a colourless structure.
- We continue to activate this layer with light or heat from a laser. The illumination and temperature will accelerate the whitening process.
- At the end of the whitening procedure at the dental office, the doctor will direct you to use a home care process after whitening your teeth, such as advising you on which toothpaste to use, and how to limit staining from food by avoiding things like red wine, coffee, tea to avoid restaining and protect the teeth.
- It takes 1–2 hours to do whitening at the clinic.
- Teeth whitening will give you a fresh and impressive smile.
2.Teeth whitening at home
- The dentist will check your teeth and prepare a pair of plastic trays to fit over them.
- You will be instructed by the doctors on how to use the trays with whitening gel containing low concentrations of hydrogen peroxide at home every day, applying them for several hours (usually at while sleeping at night).
- Although this method takes more time, the result is more marked. In some cases, with good absorption, you can see results immediately after the first whitening.
- Whitening time at home: about two weeks.
We can combine two processes: clinic whitening and home whitening in the case of serious tooth stains for fast and best results.
Notes on bleaching
- Teeth sensitivity during whitening procedure in the dental clinic: This is rare because of the specialised machinery used in the dental clinic, which is equipped with an automatic thermal break system to ensure the comfort and safety of patients.
- Discomfort and teeth sensitivity after whitening: this is only a temporary symptom. Your doctor may tell you to use pain relief drugs or apply some flour to your teeth.
- The whitening results can be sustained from 1 to 3 years, depending on the patient’s efforts to preserve the effect. If the patient has a habit of smoking, oral hygiene is not good or often exposes the teeth to the agents causing stains such as tea or coffee, the teeth will darken faster.
- Before whitening, your doctor will require scaling and polishing in order to remove plaque and treat tooth decay.
- At Elite Dental, the doctor always evaluates the teeth colour and condition to check whether you are a suitable candidate for whitening or not. At the same time, they will also ask you about the colour that you desire as well as how you want your teeth to look like after whitening.